Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Vampires vs. Minotaurs: WTF!

I'm a big fan of HBO's newest series, True Blood. It has just the right mix of strong writing, acting, and depraved sleaziness that makes HBO series so much better than anything else on TV. I've gotten accustomed to a series about vampires, shape-shifters, and psychic southern belles. But the most recent episode threw me for a loop when Sookie, the main character, was attacked by a freakin' minotaur. Even by the standards of this show, it was pretty fucking weird.

I haven't read any of the Sookie Stackhouse novels, so I have no idea how weird this show is going to get. Hopefully, we'll get to see Sookie fighting a griffon while riding a unicorn in season 3.

1 comment:

tron said...

I've read 7 of the books, and there are no minotaurs in them. They do get weird, though, so it depends on how close they follow the book. Book 2 really wasn't too weird, IIRC.